- File a new claim for state or federal unemployment benefits
- Reopen a previous claim for unemployment benefits
- Create a user account for your unemployment benefits
Department of Labor
Welcome to the CT Unemployment Benefits Center
- File your weekly claim (Sun - Fri only)
- Check status of weekly claim or manage your account
- Select a benefits payment option
- Get tax info (1099 form)
- File your application for Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) or Extended Benefits (EB)
- Received an extended benefits letter
- Lost Wages Assistance
- Please note: We recommend using the Firefox browser when filing for Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) benefits. During peak certification times, this browser may help avoid technical issues.
Unemployed Due to COVID-19?
You should file for unemployment benefits. Check out the latest guidance for both workers and employers.
For your own security, we urge all claimants to change your account password frequently, use a strong password, and do not use similar passwords across multiple sites. Avoid being a victim
Be fraud aware.
CTDOL will never ask for SSN, banking # or other personal identity info over social media. Call us with questions.
Lost Your Benefits Debit Card?
Call Key Bank Customer Service at 1- 866-295-2955
Find Employment Now
CT's Back to Work initiative is a powerful new job center that connects job-seekers with employers. Look for jobs now.
Unemployment Support Webinars
Have questions on the CARES Act or unemployment? Watch these helpful webinars now.
Have an unemployment question or problem?
Department of Labor Contact Center:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Closed Sun & holidays