- File a new claim for state or federal unemployment benefits
- Reopen a previous claim for unemployment benefits
- Create a user account for your unemployment benefits
Welcome to the CT Unemployment Benefits Center
- File your weekly claim (Sun - Fri only)
- Check status of weekly claim or manage your account
- Select a benefits payment option
- Get tax info (1099 form)
- File your application for Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) or Extended Benefits (EB)
- Received an extended benefits letter
- Lost Wages Assistance
- Please note: We recommend using the Firefox browser when filing for Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) benefits. During peak certification times, this browser may help avoid technical issues.
Quick Click: Help for Some Common Questions
Unemployed Due to COVID-19?
You should file for unemployment benefits. Check out the latest guidance for both workers and employers.
The USDOL Inspector General uncovered a scam that's targeting people who file for unemployment benefits. Learn how to protect yourself now.
Find Employment Now
CT's Back to Work initiative is a powerful new job center that connects job-seekers with employers. Look for jobs now.
Unemployment Support Webinars
Have questions on the CARES Act or unemployment? Watch these helpful webinars now.
Lost Your Benefits Debit Card?
Call Key Bank Customer Service
at 1- 866-295-2955.
Have unemployment questions?
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Closed Sun & holidays
Once you’ve filed, check your email & spam folder daily for “next steps"
Puerto Rico residents in CT:
Be fraud aware.
CTDOL will never ask for SSN, banking # or other personal identity info over social media. Call us with questions.