ReEmployCT for Employers
- Tax and Wage Report Filing Deadline Has Been Extended
- Information about the employer notification form 21A
Connecticut Department of Labor (CTDOL) Commissioner Danté Bartolomeo has extended the second quarter 2022 tax and wage report filing deadline from July 31, 2022, to August 31, 2022.
This extension will allow employers more time to establish ReEmployCT accounts, upload documents and file reports, and address any issues TPAs may have related to employer access. The extension applies to late fees and interest, which will not be assessed until September 1, 2022, and penalties, which will not be assessed until October 1, 2022. The Connecticut Department of Labor (CTDOL) launched the new tax and benefit system, ReEmployCT, on July 5, 2022. The new unemployment system makes employer filing more efficient through online access. Employers can sign up to have ReEmployCT updates sent directly to your inbox.
Miss some of the emails? Check your spam.
1. Employers will need to create new credentials. You cannot use your old username and password to sign into the system.
2. When creating an account in ReEmployCT, employers will be asked for an 8-digit registration number. This is your employer account number plus a trailing zero. You only need this 8-digit number to create your account.
Example: In the old system your EAN was 7654321. When you create a ReEmployCT account, your number will be 76-54321-0, in that format.
3. When you are in the ReEmployCT system, most transactions require a 10-digit employer account number. This is your old number plus three trailing zeroes.
Example: In the old system your EAN was 9876543. Most ReEmployCT file uploads ask for a 10-digit number. That number is 98-76543-0-00,
in that format.
4. ReEmployCT can store 4 addresses - physical, tax mailing, claims mailing, and payroll records. Employers must maintain these addresses.
What employers need to know
- The second quarter 2022 tax and wage report filing deadline has been extended from July 31, 2022, to August 31, 2022. This extension will allow employers more time to establish ReEmployCT accounts, upload documents and file reports, and address any issues TPAs may have related to employer access. The extension applies to late fees and interest, which will not be assessed until September 1, 2022, and penalties, which will not be assessed until October 1, 2022.
- For reimbursable employers, monthly billing will be changed to quarterly billing. CTDOL will begin to bill reimbursable employers on a quarterly basis after May 2022. The last monthly bill will be in May (for charges incurred in March), and the next bill will come through the new ReEmployCT system in July 2022. That will be the first quarterly bill and will include the charges for April, May, and June 2022.
- Most file uploads in ReEmployCT require a 10-digit account number. For those employers who were assigned a 7-digit Employer Account Number, 3 zeros will be added to the end of their existing registration number.
- All communication issued on or after July 5, 2022, will include the 10-digit Employer Account Number.
Log in information and account numbers
You will not be able to use existing credentials to access ReEmployCT; all employers and TPAS will have to credential after July 5, 2022.
Important topline information
The welcome screen:
1. New Employers registering their businesses with CTDOL for the first time will be given an employer account number (EAN) at registration; click the blue ‘Register’ box.
2. Existing employers (those who already have a CTDOL account—the employer registered with CTDOL prior to July 5, 2022) who are new to the ReEmployCT system and do not yet have a ReEmployCT user ID or password must use the blue ‘Create An Account’ box, then create a user ID and password.
3. Third-party agents use the ‘Create a TPA Account’ box.
4. If you already set up your ReEmployCT user ID and password, use the ‘Log In’ box.
Log in for Existing Employers:
Existing employers are employers who had accounts prior to the July 5, 2022, launch of ReEmployCT. When employers first establish an account in ReEmployCT in the ‘Create An Account’ section, you must have an 8-digit account number. The EAN in ReEmployCT is the 7-digit registration number that was assigned in the old system with a zero added to the end. The number format is xx-xxxxx-0.
If an employer creates an account and receives a message: ‘employer is currently signed up:
1. Proceed to the ‘Log In’ box and enter the user ID and password you just created.
2. If that user ID and password do not work, you must change the user ID or password.
3. Select ‘Forgot Password’ and a temporary password will be emailed to you. At that point you will have access to your account and create a new password.
4. If you do not receive a temporary password within 5 minutes, select ‘Forgot User ID’ and submit the form to CTDOL for assistance.
Additional Resources for Employers:
- Reimbursable and Contributory Employer User Guide (How to Register, Create a User ID and Password, Login and File Returns)
- TPA User Guide (Create a User ID and Password, Login and File Returns)
- June 21, 2022: ReEmploy Town Hall for Employer TPAs
- May 20, 2022: ReEmploy Town Hall
- May 18, 2022: ReEmploy Town Hall
- July 22, 2022: Employer Update Email
- August 4, 2022: Tax and Wage Report Filing Extension
- August 4, 2022: A Few Updates For Employers And Third-Party Agents
User ID and Password Fixes:
If you forgot or do not know your password:
- Go to the login screen.
- Type in the User ID that you created.
- Leave the Password box blank.
- Check the "not a robot" box.
- Click Forgot Password
- Close your browser. You will use the link in your email to open a new login screen.
- Check your email. When you use the password reset link, type your User ID and password--do not use copy/paste.
If you forgot or do not know the User ID you created:
- Go to our login screen.
- Choose Forgot User ID on the right.
- Fill out the form: Employers or Third Party Agents.
- The Employer Tax Accounting Unit will reply with your correct User ID.
- If you received a 'Notice to Employer of Claim Files and Request for Information' form, you can use QuickAccess to respond online.
New file formats and excel sheet templates
There will be several updates to file formats and templates in ReEmployCT. Below is a summary of all currently known changes; as more are made available we’ll update this list:
- Record F will be removed
- There is not set Record sequence in the new file format, but we suggest S records followed by T records, similar to current reporting
- There will be no file size limitation for the wage or payment file in the new system
- There will be no limit to how many files you can upload per day
- There will be no required UI File name in the new system, but there will be 276 character limit and it must have a .txt extension
- Bulk filers can access information at the new links below:
File format to Upload Wages when filing an original Tax and Wage Report or when filing an Adjusted Tax and Wage Report (Amendments)
Information for Bulk Filers
- New File Format Requirement for FTP Fliers Starting July 2022
- New ACH Credit File Format Requirements Starting July 2022
A TPA who needs to file an amendment/correction return or perform account maintenance for their client and is authorized by the client would need to be linked to the client's account. The initial linkage can be done by the Connecticut Department of Labor. Complete and return the “Required Form to link Employers to Tax Filing TPA” above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will begin the process of linking accounts on July 5, 2022. Please remember the 7-digit registration number assigned to your client in our legacy system will be converted to a 10-Digit Employer Account Number (EAN) by adding the 3 trailing zeros.
Your client does not have to be linked to your TPA credentials unless you need to file a correction or would need to view details of their CTDOL account.
If you don't see answers to your questions in our Frequently Asked Questions section, send us an email at CTDOLtaxinfo@ct.gov.