Welcome to the DMV Driver Services secured online payment system
The DMV’s secured online system allows you to pay driver’s license suspension-related fees and save processing time. Connecticut law requires certain fees be paid prior to the reinstatement of a driver’s license. These fees can be paid through DMV’s online system.
Be sure to check your suspension notice for additional requirements.
Processing time can take up to 10 business days.
CT license reinstatement process and requirements
Before you begin, please note:
- You may have additional requirements and may be required to submit additional documents. You can email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your driving history must be reviewed by the DMV's Driver Services Division for any other outstanding issues before your license is reinstated.
Here’s what you’ll need to pay online:
- Name of the individual who owes the fee(s)
- Date of birth
- License, ID, or case number
- Current mailing address. If your address has changed, and you have not reported it to DMV, please follow these instructions.
- A valid email address and phone number
- A credit card – American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa
- Billing information for the credit card used to make the payment.
Fees that can be paid online:
- $175 reinstatement fee for suspension of driver license, nonresident driving privilege, or privilege to obtain a license.
- $175 reinstatement fee for commercial driver’s license (CDL) disqualification.
- $175 reinstatement fee for Public Service Endorsement (PPE) suspension.
- $100 IID administration fee for Ignition Interlock (IID) program.
- $100 nonrefundable Special Operator Permit application fee for work, education, or medical permits.
Print your receipt:
- After completing your payment, be sure to print and keep a copy of your receipt for your records. A payment confirmation will also be sent by email. Please remember, this is only a payment receipt. If you have a Connecticut license, you can check your license status to verify your reinstatement.
- Per Connecticut General Statute 14-50(f), whenever a payment of any fee to the DMV by means of a credit or debit card is rejected or dishonored, the DMV shall charge a fee of $35 for a payment amount of not more than $200, and a fee of 15 percent of any payment in excess of $200, plus all protest fees or charges to cover the cost of the collection.