- What to do
- What to bring
- What it will cost
Apply for status
Apply to the Department of Veterans' Affairs to verify status.
Once you have applied to state Department of Veterans' Affairs, please wait at least 30 days prior to visiting a DMV service office.
Renewing a license or ID
Applying for a license or ID
For any questions regarding your application, please call the Department of Veterans' Affairs at 860-616-3684.
What to bring
- Your current driver's license or ID card (if applicable).
- Any additional documentation for renewing or applying for a driver's license or non-driver ID card. see checklist.
- For customers renewing a license or non-driver ID card: no additional cost
- For customers who have a current license or non-driver ID card and are adding the flag symbol prior to receiving the renewal notice: $30 fee
- Renewal fees and first-time issued license/ID fees will apply. See acceptable forms of payment.
- AAA locations and Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union and offices may charge a convenience fee up to $8.00 per DMV transaction.