Business license auto-renew
1. You can use online renewal if:
- You have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) is needed to access the online renewal system. Your PIN will be listed in your renewal notice.
- You are one of these business types:
- Licensed dealers – new, used, marine
- Licensed repairers – general or limited
- Licensed recyclers
Note: Leasing licenses and manufacturing licenses are not renewed online.
2. Payment options
- You must use a debit or credit card. Discover, Mastercard or Visa accepted.
3. Information required
- Please provide the following information during your online renewal process:
- Business license number
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) – located on renewal notice
- Valid driver’s license number of business principal
- Credit/debit card information
4. Print documents
- Once you complete the online renewal process, please remember to print your renewed license, plate list, and receipt to keep on file.
5. A late fee will apply
- You will be required to pay a late fee to renew up to 45 days after expiration. After the 45 days your license can not be renewed and you will be required to reapply for a new license.
6. Renewals only
- This online system is for license renewals only. Any information changes to a license must be done through the DMV’s Business Licensing Unit.
7. For more information
- Please contact DMV's Dealers and Repairers Licensing Unit by emailing us at DMV.DR@ct.gov.