License Restoration Online Payments
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE MAKING YOUR ONLINE PAYMENT
Welcome to the DMV Driver Services secured online payment system. This service will allow you to pay restoration and other fees related to a suspension of a driver license or driving privilege. Check your suspension notice for additional requirements.
After your online payment is submitted, restoration notice processing time can take up to 10 business days.
- This online system allows you to make certain payments only. The payment receipt is NOT a driver license or restoration notice. Check ct.gov/dmv/licensecheck to verify your license is restored.
- You may have additional requirements and may be required to submit additional documents. You can e-mail documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your driving history must be reviewed by the DMV's Driver Services Division before any restoration notice or permit can be issued.
Fees that can be paid online
- $175.00 Restoration fee: for suspension of driver license, nonresident driving privilege, or privilege to obtain a license.
- $175.00 Restoration fee: for Commercial Driver License (CDL) disqualification.
- $175.00 restoration fee: for Public Service Endorsement (PPE) suspension.
- $100.00 IID Administration fee: for Ignition Interlock (IID) program.
- $100.00 nonrefundable Special Operator Permit application fee: for work and/or education permits.
- Pay with your credit card – Discover, MasterCard, or Visa using our secured site.
- Name of the individual who owes the fee(s).
- Date of birth.
- License, ID, or case number as it appears on the Connecticut driving history.
- Current return mailing address. If your address has changed, and you have not reported it to DMV, please follow these instructions.
- A valid e-mail address and phone number.
- Billing information for the credit card used to make the payment.
- After completing your payment, be sure to print and keep a copy of your receipt for your records. A payment confirmation will also be sent by e-mail. Please remember, this is only a payment receipt. Check ct.gov/dmv/licensecheck to verify your license is restored.
- Per Connecticut General Statute 14-50(f), whenever a payment of any fee to the DMV by means of a credit or debit card is rejected or dishonored, the DMV shall charge a fee of $35.00 for a payment amount of not more than $200.00, and a fee of 15% of any payment in excess of $200.00, plus all protest fees or charges. to cover the cost of the collection.