Language + Settings
You may renew your driver’s license on your license expiration date or as early as 180 days (six months) before your driver’s license expires.
You cannot renew online if any of the following scenarios are true for you:
- You did not get a new photo taken the last time you renewed your driver’s license.
- You are applying for a REAL ID license for the first time. To get a REAL ID, please apply in person.
- You have a commercial driver’s license.Learn how to renew a commercial driver’s license.
- Your license is suspended. Learn more about how to resolve a suspension.
- You cannot renew if you have a drive only license.
- Your license has been expired for more than 2 years. Learn how to renew an expired license.
- You have an S, V, A, or F endorsement. Please renew in-person.
- You are in active duty in the U.S. military or were honorably discharged in the last 60 days and wish to do a no fee renewal. Learn more about how military personnel can renew their driver’s license.
- You do not have a first name. Please renew in-person.
Step 1: Gather what you’ll need
- Your first and last name exactly as it appears on your current driver's license
- Your date of birth
- Your street address
- Your driver’s license number
- Your social security number
- A credit or debit card
Step 2: Renew online
Step 3: Get your card in the mail
Your license will arrive through the mail within 20 days. You can keep your expiring license if there are no changes other than address. For more information, contact Central Issuance.
The fee for your license renewal is computer-generated as DMV phases in the 8-year license. Your renewal letter will indicate the length on your expiration.
- 6-year driver’s license renewal: $72.00
- 8-year driver’s license renewal: $96.00
Age 65 and older:
Individuals who have reached the age of 65 can request a two-year driver’s license renewal. You must be at least 65 years of age on the day you request the two-year photo license renewal. Your current license serves as proof of date of birth and the renewal fee is $24.00.
No fee renewal:
If you are in active duty in the U.S. military or were honorably discharged in the last 60 days, you can renew your driver’s license for free. Learn more about how military personnel can renew their driver’s license.
Additional fee for renewal of expired driver’s license: $25.00