Transporter plates overview
Transporter plates are only issued to businesses that are located in the state of Connecticut for the movement of specific vehicles. They must not be used for commercial purposes or for the carrying of passengers.
To get transporter license plates from the DMV provide the following:
- Transporter registration application (Form E-211)
- Business license personnel list (Form K-26) with a valid email address
- Trade name certificate (from the Town Clerks office)
- Certificate of existence (from the Secretary of State's office)
- A Connecticut sales tax permit (from Department of Revenue Service)
- A clear copy of all business owners’ driver’s license(s)
- A certificate of business status (Form K-198). All leasing companies must provide a statutory agent for service located in Connecticut. The following individual(s) may be an agent for service:
- Person who is resident of Connecticut
- Domestic (Connecticut) corporation
- Any foreign (not Connecticut) corporation that has a certificate of authority to transact business in Connecticut
- Connecticut Corporation System (an independent statutory agent service) at 1-800-475-1212
Once approved, you’ll need to file an insurance certificate (R1325e), obtained through insurance company.
One-year registration: $260, payable by check made out to "DMV”
In order to get or to submit the items necessary, please contact:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Dealers and Repairers Licensing Unit
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.