Ignition Interlock Device Program
Additional Penalties and Violations
Effective Immediately: Any violation and penalty associated with failing to meet the 30-day recalibration of the ignition interlock device will be waived between March 10, 2020 and June 8, 2020. For additional DMV service updates, visit Portal.ct.gov/DMV
1. Failing to appear for IID service within five days of your scheduled service date*
2. Failing a rolling retest
3. Failing to submit to a rolling retest
5. Tampering with OR attempting to tamper with the IID
7. Operating a vehicle without the required IID
8. Removing the IID without proof of written authorization from DMV
9. Requesting or soliciting another person to blow into or otherwise activate the device for the purpose of providing the restricted driver with an operable motor vehicle
*Any violation and penalty associated with failing to meet the 30-day recalibration of the ignition interlock device will be waived between March 10, 2020 and June 8, 2020.
If your vendor reports any violations to DMV, a letter will be sent to the address on record, notifying you of the IID violation and the extension of the IID requirement. You may contest your IID violations by submitting a letter with your full legal name, date of birth, license/permit/ID number, the violation date(s), and an explanation of the events that occurred. You must provide your calibration logs and supporting documents to the following address:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Driver Services Division
60 State Street
Wethersfield, Connecticut 06161-1013
Drivers Services will determine if the documents submitted support the removal of the violation(s). A letter will be sent to you with the decision.
If your license is suspended while you are participating in the IID program, you will not be given credit towards completion of the IID requirement during the term of the suspension.
For individuals on probation supervision, all violations will be reported to the Court Support Services Division of the Judicial Branch (Probation Department), including all instances of being unable to start your car due to having an alcohol level above the threshold.