540 Main Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday: 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday: 9:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
See complete list of DMV offices for other locations and hours of operation.
Check the holiday schedule before visiting a DMV Office.
Customers visiting the office can obtain:
- All Vehicle and Boat Registration Services
- All Driver's License Services - This includes out-of-state license transfers.
- Testing - Road tests are not conducted at the Norwalk office.
- Learner's Permits - (Learner's Permit testing by appointment only through DMV's online service). This service is not offered for Motorcycle Endorsement or CDL Knowledge Testing. Study for the knowledge test:
- Name changes on DMV documents
- Duplicates of DMV documents
- Non-Driver ID Cards
- Disabled Parking Permits
Walk-in knowledge testing offered only for the following services:
- CDL Testing
- Motorcycle Endorsement
Walk-in knowledge testing hours:
New CDL Applicants (General knowledge test plus endorsements)
- Tue., Wed., Fri. – 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday – 9:15 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Tue., Wed., Fri. – 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday – 9:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday – 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, money orders, personal checks, bank checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and most debit cards. Please make all checks payable to DMV.
Traveling Merritt Parkway North: Take exit 40B. (Main Avenue, Route 7 North, Danbury). Take a right at the end of the exit. The DMV is approximately one mile up on the right.
Traveling Merritt Parkway South: Take exit 40B. (Route 7 North, Danbury). Take a right off the exit. DMV is approximately one mile on the right.
Traveling I-95 North or South: Take exit 15. (Route 7, Danbury/Norwalk). At end of expressway, turn right. DMV is approximately one fourth of a mile straight ahead.
Traveling Route 7 South (Danbury): At junction of Route 33, bear right and stay on Route 7. DMV is approximately two miles on the left.