This office operates by appointment only. See services offered below.
540 Main Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
Hours of Operation:
By Appointment Only
Customers visiting this office can obtain:
- Driver's License Services - Renewals (including CDLs and Hazmat Endorsements).
- Duplicates and Name Changes - to Driver's Licenses and Non-Driver IDs.
- Registration Services - New Registrations; Plate Transfers to New Vehicle; Add/Remove Owner or Registration; Temporary Registrations; Boat Registrations; Replace Lost/Stolen Plate; Name Changes.
- New Residents - Transfer your Driver's License and/or Vehicle Registration.
- Non-Driver ID Cards - New/First-Time Issued; Renewals.
- Learner's Permit Knowledge Testing
- CDL Knowledge Testing
- CDL Upgrades / Add Endorsements (already passed all tests)
- Repay CDL Skills Test Fee
- Motorcycle Knowledge Testing
- Dealers and Titling Services - No more than 2 (two) appointments per day may be scheduled.
Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, money orders, personal checks, bank checks, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and most debit cards. Please make all checks payable to DMV.
Traveling Merritt Parkway North: Take exit 40B. (Main Avenue, Route 7 North, Danbury). Take a right at the end of the exit. The DMV is approximately one mile up on the right.
Traveling Merritt Parkway South: Take exit 40B. (Route 7 North, Danbury). Take a right off the exit. DMV is approximately one mile on the right.
Traveling I-95 North or South: Take exit 15. (Route 7, Danbury/Norwalk). At end of expressway, turn right. DMV is approximately one fourth of a mile straight ahead.
Traveling Route 7 South (Danbury): At junction of Route 33, bear right and stay on Route 7. DMV is approximately two miles on the left.