This office operates by appointment only. See services offered below.
Hamden, CT 06517
Hours of Operation:
By Appointment Only
Customers visiting this office can obtain:
- Driver's License Services - Renewals (including CDLs and Hazmat Endorsements).
- Duplicates and Name Changes - to Driver's Licenses and Non-Driver IDs.
- Registration Services - New Registrations; Plate Transfers to New Vehicle; Add/Remove Owner or Registration; Temporary Registrations; Boat Registrations; Replace Lost/Stolen Plate; Name Changes.
- New Residents - Transfer your Driver's License and/or Vehicle Registration.
- Non-Driver ID Cards - New/First-Time Issued; Renewals.
- Learner's Permit Knowledge Testing
- Driver's License Road Testing
- CDL Knowledge Testing
- CDL Upgrades / Add Endorsements (already passed all tests)
- Repay CDL Skills Test Fee
- Motorcycle Knowledge Testing
- Dealers and Titling Services - No more than 2 (two) appointments per day may be scheduled.
Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, money orders, personal checks, bank checks, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Discover and most debit cards. Please make all checks payable to DMV.
Traveling I-91 North: Take exit 5. At the traffic light proceed straight on State Street. DMV is approximately 3 miles on the right.
Traveling I-91 South: Take exit 10. Take first exit off the ramp (exit 1). Take a right off the exit to the traffic light. At the traffic light, take a right onto State Street. DMV is approximately 3 miles on the left.
Traveling Route 15 North: Take exit 62 and a left onto Dixwell Avenue. Go three tenths of a mile to Route 5 (State Street). Take a right onto State Street. DMV is approximately 3 miles on the left.
Traveling Route 15 South: Take exit 63 (Bishop Street). Turn left at end of the ramp. Take a left at first traffic light (Bishop Street Route 22). Take a right at second light (State Street/Route 5). DMV is 5 miles on the left.