This office operates by appointment only. See services offered below.
2 Lee Mac Avenue
Danbury, CT 06810
Hours of Operation:
By Appointment Only
Customers visiting this office can obtain:
- Driver's License Services - Renewals (including CDLs and Hazmat Endorsements).
- Duplicates and Name Changes - to Driver's Licenses and Non-Driver IDs.
- Registration Services - New Registrations; Plate Transfers to New Vehicle; Add/Remove Owner or Registration; Temporary Registrations; Boat Registrations; Replace Lost/Stolen Plate; Name Changes.
- New Residents - Transfer your Driver's License and/or Vehicle Registration.
- Non-Driver ID Cards - New/First-Time Issued; Renewals.
- Learner's Permit Knowledge Testing
- Driver's License Road Testing
- CDL Knowledge Testing
- CDL Upgrades / Add Endorsements (already passed all tests)
- Repay CDL Skills Test Fee
- Motorcycle Knowledge Testing
- Dealers and Titling Services - No more than 2 (two) appointments per day may be scheduled.
Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, money orders, personal checks, bank checks, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Discover and most debit cards. Please make all checks payable to DMV
Traveling I-84 East: Take exit 5. At the end of the ramp, go straight onto Downs Street to the traffic light. At the light turn right onto Main Street. Stay on Main Street to the eighth traffic light (you will be facing the War Memorial Statue) and turn left onto South Street. Bear left at the second traffic light continuing on Route 53 South. At the next traffic light take a left onto Shelter Rock Road. Then take a left at the next traffic light onto Lee Mac Avenue. The DMV will be on the right.
Traveling I-84 West: Take exit 8. Stay to the left lane and follow to the third traffic light. At the third traffic light, go straight onto Newtown Road (Route 6 West, towards Danbury). Travel approximately 1.8 miles and turn left onto Triangle Street. Follow to Lee Mac Avenue. (Triangle Street leads into Lee Mac Avenue). The DMV will be on the left.