The State of Connecticut Driver's Manuals
Effective October 1, 2021: New rear seat belt law is in effect. See details here.
The DMV provides driver's manuals with all the graphics and illustrations featured in the print edition. These versions are in portable document formats (pdf) and must be viewed and printed through Adobe Acrobat. The software is available free from Adobe. To get a free copy of the software, click "Get Acrobat."
- Driver's Manual
- Commercial Driver's Manual (CDL) - This includes Hazardous Materials section.
- Motorcycle Operator's Manual
- Parents' Training Guide - How to Help Their Teens Become Safe Drivers
- English version (PDF) (Revised 12/19) | Audio Version (This audio version does not reflect recent updates.)
- Spanish version (PDF) (Revised 12/19) | Audio Version (This audio version does not reflect recent updates.)
Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Manual
(Includes Hazardous Materials section)
**The Connecticut DMV revised the CDL Knowledge and Skills tests to comply with federal regulations.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Manual (PDF) (Rev. 03/20)
Motorcycle Operator's Manual
- Motorcycle Operator's Manual (Revised 1/11) (PDF)
Parents' Training Guide: How to Help Their Teens Become Safe Drivers
- Parents' Training Guide: How Parents Can Help Their Teens Become Safe Drivers (Revised 7/11)(PDF)