New online services are now available: change of address, driver’s license/non-driver ID renewals, duplicate driver’s license/non-driver ID, and driving history requests. Return to our homepage.

Emergency Vehicles

Please complete Flashing Lights and Siren Permit (form E-215) and submit with a $20 fee per permit.

Below are the emergency vehicles as defined in state statute 14-283(a):
  • An ambulance or vehicle operated by an emergency medical service organization responding to an emergency call;

  • A fire truck or other vehicle used by a fire department or officer of one responding to a fire or emergency call (but not returning from one);

  • A state or local police car driven by a police officer or motor vehicle inspector, responding to an emergency call or pursuing suspects; or

  • A Department of Correction (DOC) vehicle driven by a DOC officer in the course of the officer’s employment and responding to an emergency call.