Previously incarcerated persons are largely under-represented in our workforce. They face many barriers when seeking employment and are often disqualified due to strict pre-employment requirements. There are many benefits for employers who hire second-chance candidates.
- Entry Point Staffing | A Program of Career Resources Inc-A unique staffing agency placing only citizens returning from incarceration.
- Why It Matters | Second Chance Business Coalition- Resources to assist your business adopt a plan for hiring second change citizens.
- One Million Jobs Campaign – CTNAACP campaign serving those directly impacted by the criminal justice system
- Tax Benefits for Employers - Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) Information on the Federal Tax Credit available to employers for hiring individuals from certain target groups who face significant barriers to employment.
- Employer Guide to Second Chance Hiring Programs and Tax Benefits – US Chamber of Commerce
- Community Partners in Action – CPA provides re-entry support including employment assistance and partnering on work-release programs
Job Search Websites Disclaimer
The Connecticut Department of Labor (DOL) is not responsible for the contents of pages referenced through links on this page. The responsibility for content rests with the organizations that are providing the information. DOL is providing these websites as a courtesy to its customers and does not specifically endorse these services or products. DOL is not responsible for the accessibility to persons with disabilities of any off-site pages referenced through links.