This office operates by appointment only. See services offered below.
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
Hours of Operation:
By Appointment Only
Customers visiting this office can obtain:
- Driver's License Services - Renewals (including CDLs and Hazmat Endorsements).
- Duplicates and Name Changes - to Driver's Licenses and Non-Driver IDs.
- Registration Services - New Registrations; Plate Transfers to New Vehicle; Add/Remove Owner or Registration; Temporary Registrations; Boat Registrations; Replace Lost/Stolen Plate; Name Changes.
- New Residents - Transfer your Driver's License and/or Vehicle Registration.
- Non-Driver ID Cards - New/First-Time Issued; Renewals.
- Learner's Permit Knowledge Testing
- Driver's License Road Testing
- CDL Knowledge Testing
- CDL Upgrades / Add Endorsements (already passed all tests)
- Repay CDL Skills Test Fee
- Motorcycle Knowledge Testing
- Dealers and Titling Services - No more than 2 (two) appointments per day may be scheduled.
Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, money orders, personal checks, bank checks, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Discover and most debit cards. Please make all checks payable to DMV.
Traveling I-84 West: Take exit 57 (I-91 South/Charter Oak Bridge/New York City/Route 15 South). Take exit 86 (I-91 South/New Haven/New York City) onto I-91 South. Follow I-91 South to exit 26 (Marsh Street Exit). Take a right at end of exit. Follow signs to DMV.
Traveling I-84 East: Take exit 52 onto I-91 South. Follow I-91 South to exit 26 (Marsh Street Exit). Take a right off the exit. Follow signs to DMV.
Traveling I-91 South: Take exit 26 (Marsh Street Exit). Take a right off the exit. Follow signs to DMV.
Traveling I-91 North: Take exit 25-26 (Old Wethersfield). Take exit 26. Turn left at end of exit. Follow signs to DMV.