DMV is open by appointment only. Return to our homepage to schedule an appointment or to view online services.

Facial coverings must be worn during all road skills tests and are highly recommended to be worn when entering a DMV office.

Exchange Your Connecticut Driver's License or Learner's Permit
for a Connecticut Non-Driver Photo ID
If you have a Connecticut-issued driver's license or learner's permit, you may exchange it for a non-driver photo ID without bringing all of your identity documents to DMV.  To qualify for this exchange, your driver's license or learner's permit must be unexpired or not expired for longer than two years.
What to do:
What to bring:
What it will cost: 
  • Please see Exchange fee chart.
  • FEE WAIVER FOR HOMELESS:  Applicants of a homeless shelter who provide proof of residency from an authorized shelter or transitional housing location in Connecticut. The Connecticut Identification Card Requirements and Application (form B-230) must be signed by an official from the shelter or transitional housing location.
  • FEE WAIVER FOR BLIND VETERANS: Blind veterans who provide a Certificate of Blindness form from the Board of Education and Services for the Blind or a letter from a doctor/optometrist that they meet the definition of blind as defined in Connecticut General Statutes 1-1f(a) and provide a DD214 indicating they have been honorably discharged.