Medical Certification Requirements for Commercial Driver's License and Learner Permit Holders
You are required to upload your medical certification to:
The only way to submit your medical certificate is by using this system.
Have you received a CDL downgrade notice?
If you do not submit a valid medical certificate, your medical status will be listed as "Not-Certified". You will receive a downgrade letter advising you that the DMV has not received your valid medical certificate. If you do not submit your valid medical certificate by the downgrade date listed in your letter, your license will be downgraded to a Class D license.
Should your CDL license expire for two years or longer, you are required to obtain a new CLP and pass knowledge test(s) obtain a new CLP and pass a skills test in a representative vehicle.
Additional CDL-Related ExtensionsThis extension is effective June 1, 2021 and expires on November 30, 2021 or upon the revocation of the declaration of national emergency under 42 U.S.C. §5191(b) concerning the COVID-19 public health emergency, whichever is sooner.
Beginning June 1, 2021 through November 30, 2021:
- Extensions do not apply if the driver's license or permit expired before May 31, 2021
- This extension does not apply to medical examiners certificates originally issued for less than 90 days.
- Drivers who cannot produce evidence of a prior medical certification and any required medical variance/waiver or SPE certification in accordance with the periods stated above, are not covered under this extension
- New drivers who have never obtained a medical certification are not covered under this extension.
- Drivers who, since their last medical certificate was issued, have been diagnosed with a medical condition that would disqualify the driver or would require a state waiver/federal exemption or skills performance evaluation are not covered under this extension.
EXTENDS UNTIL NOVEMBER 30, 2021, THE REQUIREMENT TO CHANGE DRIVERS STATUS TO “NOT CERTIFIED” WHEN THE MEDICAL CERTIFICATE EXPIRED ON OR AFTER JUNE 1, 2021.
IF MEDICAL CERTIFICATE/WAIVER, SPE OR VARIANCE EXPIRED:
|ON OR AFTER JUNE 1, 2021
||NOVEMBER 30, 2021|