How do I file a request for grievance arbitration services?

Read time: 6 minutes

Filing requests for grievance arbitration services


To request grievance arbitration services, employers/employee organizations must submit a demand for arbitration on a completed grievance arbitration request form.


To access the grievance request form, employers/employee organizations should call the State Board of Mediation and Arbitration office at (860) 263-6880. Requests for arbitration must be signed and include a general explanation of the dispute. Each grievance will incur a $200.00 filing fee.


Employers/Employee organizations may file a demand for arbitration services in person, or by US Mail. 

Labor Dispute Legal Rights