What can I do if I don’t agree with the referee’s decision?

Read time: 6 minutes


Referee decisions aren't always final

If you disagree with the appeal referee’s decision but don’t have any new evidence to present, you can request an appeal hearing by the Appeals Division Board of Review. Log into ReEmployCT.com to file your appeal. 

If you do have new or additional information, you can write to the referee and ask to have your case reopened. You must have a good reason why you did not present the information the first time. If you did not attend your hearing, the case will not be reopened unless you prove to the referee that you had a good reason for not attending.

If the case is reopened, another hearing may be held. The referee will make a second decision, which can also be appealed.

Appealing a referee's decision