Processing a Selective Duty Assignment
The procedure is as follows:
- Treating physician provides restricted/selected duty work disposition slip/report to injured worker and Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- Injured worker reports restricted/selective duty clearance to employing state agency (ESA).
- ESA notifies TPA of restricted /selective duty work disposition. ESA then places the injured worker in a pre-established restricted/selective duty assignment or develops an appropriate restricted/selective duty job assignment for the injured worker.
- ESA requests a slot number from the Department of Administrative Services (DAS).
- DAS assigns a slot number. If all slots are filled, DAS will place the injured worker on a slot number waiting list.
- ESA complies with Core-CT time processing requirements for all restricted/selective duty hours worked.
- After completion of the restricted/selective duty assignment, ESA completes the following:
- DAS Workers' Compensation Selective Duty Form
- DAS Workers' Compensation Selective Duty Reconciliation Form
- The Core-CT transfer invoice
Copies of the employee’s time sheets must be included in the package.
The completed packet is sent to:
Department of Administrative Services
450 Columbus Boulevard – Suite 1401
Hartford, CT 06103