For Building Code Officials
To be approved to take the Quarterly Exam for any of the nine categories of building code enforcement official, you must first demonstrate that you meet the criteria listed in the Connecticut General Statutes (C.G.S.) and/or Regulations for Connecticut State Agencies (R.C.S.A.) below:
- Building Official (R.C.S.A. 29-262-2b) (C.G.S. 29-261)
- Assistant Building Official (R.C.S.A. 29-262-4b) (C.G.S. 29-261)
- Residential Building Inspector (R.C.S.A. 29-262-5b)
- Plan Review Technician (R.C.S.A. 29-262-6b)
- Mechanical Inspector (R.C.S.A. 29-262-7b)
- Electrical Inspector (R.C.S.A. 29-262-8b)
- Plumbing Inspector (R.C.S.A. 29-262-9b)
- Heating & Cooling Inspector (R.C.S.A. 29-262-10b)
- Construction Inspector (R.C.S.A. 29-262-11b)
To pass the Building Official Examination, you must earn a minimum overall score of 75%, with a minimum code book section score of 65%.
To pass all other building credentialing exams, you must earn a minimum overall score of 70% with a minimum code book section score of 65%. Once you have passed the exam, you will be licensed.