The Office of Education and Data Management (OEDM) administers all aspects of the credentialing exams for the Office of the State Building Inspector, including the tests for the Pre-Licensure Training Program and the licensure exams offered each quarter (Quarterly Exams).
Our office works with the State Building Inspector to review Quarterly Exam applications. Once your exam application is approved, we will register you for the next Quarterly Exam and send you a confirmation letter. You must bring your confirmation letter and photo ID to be admitted into the exam. If your application is denied, you will be notified in writing of the decision.
Change to Exam Schedule Information: Beginning with the November 5, 2018 Exam, OEDM will be testing only to the newly adopted codes. Code book editions and acceptable reference materials are:
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2017 National Electric Code
- 2015 NFPA 54
- 2009 ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Building and Facilities
- Connecticut amendments for all adopted codes
Go to the link for Building Quarterly Exam Procedures under the Related Resources tab for details.