State Projects 79-240, 79-245, 79-246 Webpage
Welcome to the webpage for Project 79-240, 79-245, and 79-246, Interchange Improvements to
I-91, I-691 and Route 15 in the Cities of Meriden and Middletown.
A virtual scoping meeting for the projects will be held on Thursday, October 8 at 7:00 p.m. and aired live via the platforms listed below (see Information During the Live Virtual Meeting). The project descriptions can be viewed at the following link:
To see the report of the virtual public scoping meeting that was held on 10/8/20, click the link below:
The proposed project plans can be viewed at the following links:
INFORMATION DURING THE LIVE VIRTUAL MEETING:
There will be a Live Question and Answer (Q&A) session following the formal presentation. If you would like to leave a comment or ask a question during the Live Q&A, you may use the chat function of the MS Teams Live Event platform (not available through certain devices and browsers – see Additional Information below), or send us an email, or leave a voicemail at the following:
Phone: (860) 944-1111 (Please be sure to reference Project 79-240 in your voicemail.)
Additional Information to note when accessing the live virtual meeting:
- The live virtual meeting is being recorded. The recording of the formal presentation will be posted (see Information After the Live Virtual Meeting).
- While we expect to present you with a seamless presentation, disruption in the video or audio feed could occur due to many possible variables. Please understand as we work to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
- Individuals with limited internet access will be able to call to listen to the presentation. However, it will not be possible to call in and watch the presentation simultaneously because the live feed may be delayed.
- The chat function of MS Teams Live Event or closed captioning may not be available on certain devices or browsers such as Apple devices (iPad, iPhone) or Safari.
- Closed captioning is not available in the You Tube project channel during the live event.However, when the recording of the live event is posted on You Tube, it will include closed captioning.
- The meeting is formatted as follows:
- Brief introductions
- Formal presentation of the project by the lead design team
- Following the formal presentation, there will be a live Question and Answer (Q&A) session during which time the public is invited to ask questions or provide comments. A moderator will be reviewing the email, chat, and voicemail and will relay questions or comments with the live audience and the project team. The project team will answer those shared questions live during the Q&A. Two-way chat/email/call-in during the live broadcast will not be available. Responses to relevant questions and/or comments that are not shared during the live Q&A will be addressed in the Report of Meeting and posted at the following link: Calendar of CTDOT Events (https://egov.ct.gov/PMC/#agency102)
- The meeting will conclude after the Q&A session
Other Information Available to the Public:
Meeting Survey (optional)
After the meeting, we hope you’ll take a few extra minutes to fill out our survey. Thank you!
DOT Office of Contract Compliance – TITLE VI Program:
MS-4 Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems:
INFORMATION AFTER THE LIVE VIRTUAL MEETING:
Participants can view the recording of the virtual scoping meeting for the projects at the following link:
The project email and phone noted above will be open to receive comments or questions after the meeting until the end of the public comment period on Friday, October 23, 2020.
A recording of the live event will be posted within a few days after the virtual public scoping meeting at the following link: Formal Presentation of Virtual Public Information Meeting (https://portal.ct.gov/dot/general/CTDOT-VPIM-Library)
The minutes of the meeting will be posted at the Department of Transportation’s website within a few days after the public scoping meeting at the following link: Calendar of CTDOT Events (https://egov.ct.gov/PMC/#agency102) Please choose Project 79-240 and Date of Meeting (October 8, 2020) to view the meeting minutes.