How ToYou must be registered in the federal System for Awards Management (SAM) to proceed with the State of Connecticut SBE/MBE certification application. To begin registering in SAM, click here.Registration in SAM will provide your company with a North American Industry Classification Code (NAICS). The NAICS will need to be provided when you complete the State of Connecticut online application.
Need help? Learn how to register on SAM: Click here for a step-by-step guide.
Small business organizations can assist you in completing the Federal registration process with FREE advising services:
- SBDC CT Small Business Development Center: Request assistance here.
- MCC Minority Construction Counsel: MCC serves construction companies only. To request assistance, call (860) 882-0675.
- APEX Accelerator - CTPTAC Procurement Technical Assistance Center: Request assistance here.
When you have completed the SAM registration, you are ready to start your SBE/MBE application:
- Create a Biznet Account and complete the Application Process.
- Upload copies of the required supporting documentation.
- Once complete, navigate to the affidavit page of the application and SUBMIT the application.