The Department of Administrative Services, Construction Services (DAS/CS) “Contractor Pre-Selection (CPS) Program” evaluates the qualifications and experience of construction contractors based upon their responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs). Qualified, pre-selected contractors are then placed on list(s) to bid on future CPS State Building Construction Projects.
- Every two years, DAS/CS posts CPS RFQs on the State Contracting Portal for specific Classes of Work (for example, Roofing, General Building Construction, Masonry, etc.).
- RFQs are advertised for two categories of CPS Projects: (1) projects estimated to cost between $100,000 and $500,000, and (2) projects estimated to cost between $500,000 and $1,500,000.
- Construction contractors are invited to submit qualifications as described in each RFQ. DAS/CS evaluates each contractor’s submission using a “Qualifications Based Selection (QBS) Procedure”.
- For projects estimated to cost between $100,000 and $500,000, qualifications will only be accepted from contractors who have been certified as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) and/or Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the DAS Supplier Diversity (Set-Aside) Program
- For projects estimated to cost between $500,000 and $1,500,000, qualifications will only be accepted from contractors who have been pre-qualified by the DAS Contractor Prequalification Program for the applicable RFQ Classes of Work.
- If qualified, the contractor becomes a “Pre-Selected Contractor” and is placed on a list to bid on future CPS Projects.
- The Pre-Selected Contractors will be treated as General (Prime) Contractors and will be the only Contractors invited to submit bids.