The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Construction Services (CS) selects Design-Build (D-B) Teams for certain State Building Construction Projects using a “Best Value Selection Procedure”.
- The Best Value Selection Procedure begins with a D-B “Request for Qualifications” (RFQ).
- DAS/CS evaluates each D-B Team’s RFQ submittal to determine a “shortlist” of the most highly qualified D-B Teams.
- The shortlisted D-B Teams are invited to respond to a “Request for Proposal” (RFP) and attend a “Selection Presentation” (interview).
- The RFP consists of Project Information, “Qualitative Criteria Components”, and “Sealed Total Cost Proposal Components” and must be submitted by the due date by each of the shortlisted D-B Teams.
- Each D-B Team’s Qualitative Criteria Components submittal and Selection Presentation is evaluated, rated, and scored.
- Each D-B Team’s Sealed Cost Proposal Components submittal is publically opened, evaluated, and combined with the scores from the Qualitative Criteria Components submittal and Selection Presentation.
- All of the D-B Teams Proposal scores are compared to determine the highest “Total Best Value Selection Score”.
- The D-B Team Proposal with the highest Total Best Value Selection Score is deemed the “Best Value” Proposal.
- The D-B Team whose proposal provides the best value to the State is recommended for selection to the DAS Commissioner, who then determines the final D-B Team selection