The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Construction Services (CS) selects Architectural and Engineering (A/E) firms to develop design and construction documents for State Building Construction Projects. The selection of firms is based upon responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs).
- DAS/CS evaluates RFQs using a “Qualifications Based Selection (QBS) Procedure”.
- Firms are awarded contracts in accordance with the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies 4-134e-1 et al after negotiation of a fair and reasonable fee for a defined scope of work.
- For Design-Bid-Build Projects, Design Firms develop design and construction documents for DAS/CS.
- For Construction Manager at Risk (CMR) Projects, Design Firms develop design and construction documents in cooperation with the CMR.
- For Design-Build (D-B) Projects, D-B Criteria Architects produce D-B Request for Proposals (RFP) documents.