Approving or Rejecting a Page
When a page is submitted for approval, a System Administrator can approve or reject the page two different ways:
- Approving/Rejecting the Page in Content Editor
- Approving/Rejecting one or multiple Pages from the Workbox
Approving/Rejecting the Page in Content Editor
When you want to approve/reject a page from the Content Editor, follow these steps:
- From the Content Editor, navigate to and select the page you want to review.
- If you received an email with a page to review, select the hyperlink to be taken to the page in the Experience Editor and follow these instructions.
- On the Home tab, select the Edit icon drop down to view a list of options.
- Select the Edit option.
- It will say Check In if the page is already in Edit mode.
- You can make edits to the page if needed. Don't forget to Save your changes!
- Select the Approve option to approve the changes or select the Reject option to reject the changes. A comment dialog box will appear.
- Enter in your comment. This will be sent to the Content Author who submitted the page.
- Select the OK button.
- If Approved, the page is now published and viewable on the Live website. The Content Author receives an email notification of this approval and any comments you added.
- If Rejected, the page moves back into the DRAFT state for the author to make edits and submit again for approval. The Content Author receives an email notification of this approval and any comments you added.
You can approve/reject one or multiple pages from the Workbox. This module allows you to view all pages in the 'Waiting Approval' State and perform different functions either from the Content Editor or the Experience Editor.