The CTpass Program is a new state program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation that offers group rates to eligible organizations to access public transportation services throughout Connecticut, including rail and bus systems. It was first proposed by Governor Lamont in early 2021 as part of his ongoing efforts to support the workforce development and job growth needs of the state. Its creation was ultimately approved by the state legislature in legislation related to the implementation of the 2022-2023 biennial state budget that the governor signed into law in June.
Organizations that can participate in CTpass include but are not limited to:
- Organizations that provide a training program listed on the Labor Department's Eligible Training Provider List;
- Apprenticeship or pre-apprenticeship program sponsors;
- Providers of an alternate route to certification program that the State Board of Education has approved;
- Institutions of higher education;
- Private occupational schools;
- Private employers;
- State or municipal agencies;
- Public or nonprofit social service providers in Connecticut.
The initial application is available and will be accepted as of January 1, 2022:
CTpass Initial Application (Microsoft Forms version, rev.12/23/2021)
Upon submittal of the application, CTDOT will review the information provided and be in contact for the next steps. Any questions or requests for additional information about the CTpass Program and application process may be emailed to DOT.CTpass@ct.gov.