Register to Claim Items Available to State Agencies:
- Fill out the State Surplus Program App for State Agencies (excel).
- Email it to Veronica Coty. She will send you a confirmation email with the specific instructions needed to register as a state agency.
- Once you receive the confirmation, use the specified link to get to the special registration page.
- Follow instructions to complete all of the information and then confirm registration.
- Email Veronica Coty when your registration is complete and confirmed
View and Claim State Surplus Property:
- Log in to Public Surplus Opens in a new window
- On the home page, go to ‘Browse Auctions Within Area’
a. Go to 'Select Region'
b. Use the drop down arrow to choose 'Connecticut'
- Next, go to 'Select Agency'
a. Use the drop down arrow to choose 'State of Connecticut'
- A hyperlink will now appear below that which says 'View All Auctions for State of CT'
a. Press the hyperlink to go to that page.
- Once on the State of CT page, look for any auctions with a yellow key next to them. This signifies it is an ‘Internal Auction’ and available for reallocation.
- Review these auctions and if you find something your agency can use, click on the auction title and review the auction details.
- Please note that you will be required to pick up from the pickup location, and pickups are required within a reasonable timeframe (generally within a week of claiming the item(s)).
- In the ‘Purchase Item’ section (left side of the page), click ‘Submit’ and then confirm your password to finalize the claim.
- If the auction is listed as a Dutch auction you will also have to put in the quantity you would like to claim.
- Your claim is not final until you get a message on the screen congratulating you on your purchase.
To Claim Property:
- If your claim was accepted, you will receive a winning notification from the Public Surplus informing you that your claim has been accepted and confirming the property you have claimed.
- You are responsible for contacting the agency contact listed on the auction to make pickup arrangements.
- Pickups must be scheduled within 5 business days of a claim. If you do not show up for your pickup appointment and do not call to reschedule before that, you will forfeit your auction.
- When you pickup, bring your Bill of Sale and ID to your assigned pickup location and the specified date and time. If you are sending someone else to pick up your auction, you must email the agency contact a letter of authorization with the name of the individual.
- You may inspect the item before signing the Bill of Sale.
- If you decide to keep the item, please sign and your ID will be scanned with your Bill of Sale for our records.
- If you choose not to take the item, please write a note on the Bill of Sale stating why you do not want it.
- Items may not be returned. Property claimed is “as is and where is”.
- Auctions claimed between agencies are subject to a CO-64 Inter-Unit Transfer of Assets form, which can be found on the Office of the State Comptroller State Opens in a new windowAgency Forms Page Opens in a new window. Items claimed between agencies are subject to all Fixed Asset regulations.