Businesses that engage in demolition operations are required to obtain a license pursuant to C. G. S. Chapter 541 Sections 29-401 through 29-403
A license is not required for:
- the disassembling, transportation and reconstruction of historic buildings for historic purposes;
- the demolition of farm buildings;
- the renovation, alteration or reconstruction of a single-family residence;
- the removal of underground petroleum storage tanks;
- the burning of a building or structure as part of an organized fire department training exercise;
- the demolition of a single-family residence or outbuilding by an owner of such structure provided it does not exceed a height of thirty feet.