State Building, Fire Safety and Fire Prevention Codes Update
The Codes Amendment Subcommittee met on June 24, 2020, and voted to continue with the adoption of the 2018 I-Codes and the 2020 NFPA 70: National Electrical Code. Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the adoption process, it is now anticipated that the next Connecticut State Building Code, Connecticut State Fire Safety Code and Connecticut State Fire Prevention Code will have a target effective date in the final quarter of 2021.
As part this revised adoption process, a technical review of the 2021 I-Codes will be undertaken to identify any significant changes that should be brought forward into the adoption of the 2018 I-Codes. There will be a window for public code change proposals to be submitted, the dates for which will be established and published in the near future.
A listing of CAS meetings and anticipated subjects will be published on this web page. Changes and additions will be reflected both in the posted meeting agendas and on the web page.
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2020 NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
- 2009 ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
Workgroups made up of CAS members and DAS staff, have been established to review specific portions of the proposed codes for changes from the current code and to update the current amendment documents. Each of these workgroups will provide a report of their review, identify issues that require additional discussion or research, and present their amendment document changes.
Code Change Proposals:
Proposals were accepted from February 1, 2019 through April 30, 2019. The document below contains all code change proposals received:
Anyone interested in receiving informational and update emails may request to be included on our email list by:
- Sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@list.ct.gov from the e-mail address you wish to receive e-mails on.
- Leave the subject line blank
- In the text body only enter: Subscribe DAS_CODE_ADOPTION Your Name
- Do not enter any other text, salutations or signatures
If you need assistance, please e-mail DAS.CodesStandards@ct.gov