The State Building Inspector, State Fire Marshal and the Codes and Standards Committee announce intent to adopt the 2020 State Building and Fire Safety Codes based on the 2018 editions of the International Code Council (ICC) documents. Technical review of these codes will be conducted by the Committee’s Codes Amendment Subcommittee (CAS) along with DAS staff. This review will begin April 2019 and is planned to be completed August 2019.
A listing of CAS meetings and anticipated subjects will be published on this web page. Changes and additions will be reflected both in the posted meeting agendas and on the web page.
Anyone interested in receiving informational and update emails may request to be included on our email list by sending a request to DAS.CodesStandards@CT.gov.
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2020 NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
- 2009 ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
Workgroups made up of CAS members and DAS staff, have been established to review specific portions of the proposed codes for changes from the current code and to update the current amendment documents. Each of these workgroups will provide a report of their review, identify issues that require additional discussion or research, and present their amendment document changes.
Code Change Proposals:
Proposals were accepted from February 1, 2019 through April 30, 2019. The document below contains all code change proposals received: