If you experience a breakdown with a state owned vehicle while driving, here are some safety precautions from a leading national insurance company:
- Steer your vehicle as far out of the travel lanes as possible
- Activate your hazard lights
- Note your location for responders to accurately reach you
- If safe to do so, exit your vehicle on the passenger side, away from traffic, then stand far away.
- If you can’t remove the vehicle from the travel lane and can’t exit, contact emergency services, turn on your hazard lights and keep your seatbelt on.