DAS Procurement Services for Municipalities

How To

Search for State Contracts Available for your Use:  Connecticut State Contracting Portal:

Most DAS contracts are open for use by Municipalities.  Simply use the search feature to find the contract you need.  Contact the vendor(s) directly and let them know you are using the “state contract”.  You will be afforded the pricing as well as terms and conditions that any state agency would be.
Municipalities may post their own solicitations on the State Contracting Portal, free of charge!  DAS has thousands of registered companies receiving daily notices of solicitations.  Need help?  Call 860-713-5095.

Participate in our P-Card Program:  The P-Card program is a credit card program co-sponsored by the Department of Administrative Services and the Office of the State Comptroller. The P-Card is a MasterCard issued by JPMorgan Chase. It works just like a personal credit card with custom designed features and built in controls to meet the specific needs of the cardholder's agency, municipality, school or not-for-profit organization. For more information contact Kerry DiMatteo at 860-713-5072

P-Card Program Forms to get started:

Obtain State Surplus Property:
 The state surplus property program is available to state agencies and to towns, schools and certain non-profits. You may claim surplus state property and you may use the state’s contract to sell your own surplus property. For more information, contact Veronica Coty at  860-713-5052. State Surplus - Property Distribution Center for Municipalities to Claim Computer Equipment, Procedures to Surplus Police Department Found Property and Unclaimed Goods, Procedures for Municipalities to Surplus Vehicles, Procedures for State Agencies and Municipalities to Purchase Surplus Vehicles.

Obtain Federal Surplus Property:  The Federal Surplus Program is designed for eligible participants to acquire property belonging to the federal government that is surplus to all federal needs. The program is available to state agencies and to towns, schools and certain non-profits. For further program information, please contact Philip St. Amand at 860-713-5792.

Construction Contractor PreQualification Program: The Construction Contractor Prequalification Program (CGS 4a-100) requires all contractors to prequalify before they can bid on a contract or perform work pursuant to a contract for the construction, reconstruction, alteration, remodeling, repair or demolition of any public building or any other public work by the state or a municipality, estimated to cost more than $500,000 and which is funded in whole or in part with state funds, except a public highway or bridge project or any other construction project administered by the Department of Transportation.  For more information, call 860-713-5280.

Search for Prequalified Contractors