Traveling on I-84 West: Take the Sigourney Street exit (Exit 47). Turn left at the light at the end of the exit ramp onto Sigourney Street. Pass the highway on ramp and go through one (1) light. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Park Terrace. At light, turn right onto Capitol Avenue. The complex begins with the second brick building on your left (470 Capitol Avenue) approximately 500 feet. See Parking Information below.
Traveling on I-91 North: Take the I-84 West exit (Exit 32A) and follow the directions above for traveling on I-84 West.
Traveling on I-91 South: Take the I-84 West exit and follow directions above for traveling on I-84 West.
Capitol Avenue Complex Information
The 410 - 470 Capitol Avenue complex is located on Capitol Avenue, Hartford, approximately 1/2 mile west of the State Capitol and is comprised of four (4) buildings connected via an underground concourse.
- The first building in the complex which is recognizable by its "beige" or white brick exterior, houses the Department of Public Health, the Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services and the Office of Health Care Access (410 Capitol Avenue).
- The second building in the Capitol Avenue Complex heading west on Capitol Ave, is a five (5) story red brick building with a green roof that houses the Office of Policy and Management (450 Capitol Avenue).
- The third building, also red brick, houses the Department of Developmental Services (460 Capitol Avenue).
- The last building in the complex (470 Capitol Avenue) houses both the cafeteria and several conference rooms. This building is not accessible from the outside and visitors must check in with the security guard located in the first floor lobby at 460 Capitol Avenue. The security guard will direct visitors to the underground concourse that connects to 470 Capitol Avenue.
From all points:
- Take Route 84 to Exit 46 - Sisson Avenue. Keep right at the fork in the ramp.
- At the light at the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto Sisson Avenue and go to Farmington Avenue (second traffic light).
- Turn right onto Farmington Avenue and go to Woodland Street (first traffic light).
- Turn left onto Woodland Street and go to Asylum Avenue (first traffic light).
- Turn left onto Asylum Avenue. The entrance to the parking area is the second driveway on the left.
- Turn left into the second driveway. Bear right after entering the driveway and park in the lower lot. Parking in the upper lot is by permit only – Security will require all others to move to the lower lot.
- Security officers are located right inside the door, and will assist you when you arrive.
- You will be required to present a photo ID in order to enter the building.