Eligibility for Birth to Three Program

Read time: 6 minutes

How do I know if my child under three is eligible for services?

Sometimes, there are concerns about a child's development. Birth to Three helps you find support for your infants and toddlers with delays or disabilities. These resources offer services that will help meet their developmental needs.

Is my child eligible?

Your infant or toddler can get Birth to Three services if:

  • They live in Connecticut.
  • They are 3 years old or younger.
  • They have either a developmental delay or a medical condition that is likely to cause a developmental delay.
  • Learn more about eligibility on the Birth to Three website.

Apply for Services

If you have concerns about an infant or toddler’s ability to talk, eat, walk, handle toys, see, hear, or play with others, you can call 211 Child Development at 1-800-505-7000 to discuss your concerns.

Contact Birth to Three to Apply


If you have more questions about the program, visit the Birth to Three website.

Find a program near you.

Meet with an expert to see if your child might need some help with their development. Referrals – Birth23.org


You can contact 211 with any questions through the Child Development Infoline at 1-800-505-7000 or 211.

DDS Eligibility DDS Help DDS About