To be considered for a training module or an exam, you must submit a completed application, including documentation requested, for review by Office of Education and Data Management (OEDM) and the State Fire Marshal.
Certification through the Pre-Certification Training Program
Classes start in spring and fall
There is a change to the Fire Code Inspector module; while classes start one week later than previous programs, there is an online training module that students must complete by April 6, 2018. On March 1st, students who are accepted into the Fire Code Inspector module will receive an email containing a link and password to the online course.
- December 21, 2018– Applications due to OEDM
- January 17, 2018 - Acceptance/Denial notifications sent.
- March 1, 2018 - Fire Code Inspector students given access to online class
- April 6, 2018 - Fire Code Inspector online course must be completed to get into class on April 11
- February 21, 2018 - Fire Investigator module starts
- April 11, 2018 - Fire Code Inspector module starts
Certification through the Examination Process
Exams are offered in February, May, August and November
If approved, you will receive a list of books that you’ll have to purchase and bring to either the training or the exam.