What are the certification requirements for teaching agriculture or aquaculture?

Read time: 6 minutes

Certification requirements for teaching agriculture or aquaculture

People who want to teach agriculture or aquaculture (endorsement 041) at a comprehensive high school must meet these work experience and education requirements: 

  • Bachelor's degree with a major in agriculture or aquaculture
  • One year related work experience in agriculture or aquaculture
  • A letter from your current and/or previous employers verifying your experience in this career
  • Six credits in professional education from a regionally accredited college or university
  • At least 36 clock hours in special education studies, including understanding the growth and development of exceptional children (children who are handicapped, gifted, talented, or require special education) and methods for identifying, planning for, and working effectively with them in the regular classroom.


Subject areas currently taught in Connecticut include:

  • Bioscience
  • Environmental technology
  • Veterinary science



Vocational Educators