Do I need to complete all of my teaching coursework to apply for certification?

Read time: 6 minutes


Interim Certificates

People who would like to teach about agriculture, aquaculture, health, marketing, nursing, or trade and industrial occupations may apply for certification without finishing their teaching coursework. If you meet all other requirements, you can apply for a one-year interim certificate without completing: 

  • Up to six required credit hours of teaching coursework
  • Your 36 clock hours of special education studies

You may renew your interim certificate once before completing these requirements, which means you have two years to successfully complete them. 

Vocational Educators