What are cross-endorsements?

Read time: 6 minutes

About cross-endorsements issued to certified teachers in Connecticut

A person who holds an active Connecticut initial, provisional, or professional educator certificate may apply for an additional endorsement, also known as a cross-endorsement, if all the required course work and subject areas tests (if applicable) have been met.

The required course work may be completed at any accredited college or university. Accreditation verification can be done through www.collegesource.org.

The cross-endorsement requirements provided in the following links are for general information purposes only. Specific course approval and acceptance are determined after the submission of a formal application, review fee, and official transcripts. Course descriptions may be requested.

Additional teaching endorsements can only be added to a teaching certificate. Teaching endorsements cannot be added to administrative, adult education, special service, or vocational certificates.