When do I apply to continue my professional educator certificate?

Read time: 6 minutes

Timelines for renewing your Connecticut professional educator certificate

You should apply to continue your professional educator certificate no earlier than six months before it is set to expire. Applications should be submitted no later than six weeks before the expiration date.

You can apply online using the Connecticut Educator Certification System (C.E.C.S.). If you prefer a paper-based application, you may submit an ED 179 form. The application may be mailed to the address noted on top of the form. There is no fee or additional documentation required for the continuation of a professional certificate.

CT Certified Educators