Am I eligible to renew my initial educator certificate if I have not served under it?

Read time: 6 minutes

Renewing an unused initial educator certificate in Connecticut 

Generally, applicants who have not served under an initial educator certificate that is about to expire may renew their certificate, even if they haven't served under the certificate. Applicants may apply for renewal up to six months before the certificate's expiration.

You should apply online after creating an account on the Connecticut Educator Certification System (C.E.C.S.) and pay the $200 fee with a credit card.

If you prefer a paper-based application, you can also submit an ED 183 application. Payment and mailing information is located on the form. Personal checks are not accepted. Please submit a bank or money order made out to “Treasurer, State of Connecticut.”


CT Certified Educators