How do I apply for a vocational-technical teaching certificate?
Please follow the process below to apply for certification. We will process your applications in 2-3 months.
IMPORTANT: We don’t accept personal checks. If you apply by mail, please pay with a cashier’s check, certified bank check, or money order made payable to: Treasurer, State of Connecticut.
2. Mail Your Required Documentation
College or high school diploma: A copy of your appropriate diploma.
Teaching coursework, including special education studies: You can either mail an official transcript OR have the university send an e-transcript to us at email@example.com.
Employer letter: Mail letters from your current and/or previous employers verifying your experience in this career. The letters must:
- Include your specific dates of employment, job title(s), whether you worked part- or full-time, and briefly describe your job responsibilities
- Be originals, not copies
- Be on official letterhead
- Be signed by the business owner, your supervisor, or the director of human resources
- NOTE: You may submit a notarized statement if the employer is no longer in business or you are self-employed.
Professional license: A copy of your valid RN or health license.