All Contests Are Closed At This Time
The Secretary of the State of Connecticut invites the fourth grade students in your school to participate in its annual Citizenship Poster Contest.
The Citizenship Poster Contest is designed to heighten awareness of good citizenship and its significance in a healthy democracy. Its objectives are to stimulate knowledge of the importance of voting, of participation and of leadership among all people in a democratic community. The contest provides an opportunity for students to reinforce their creative artistic skills and to demonstrate their knowledge of good citizenship.
The theme of the 2013 contest is "Good Citizenship is Happening in Our Community" and encourages students to illustrate concepts which highlight ways in which people can be active participants in democracy and make a difference.
- March 18, 2013 - Submission deadline. Must be postmarked or hand delivered.
- April 1, 2013 - Judging deadline.
- April 15, 2013 - Winners will be posted on the SOTS website.
- May 16, 2013 - Award Ceremony held in the Old Judiciary Room at the Capitol.
Guidelines and Information:
- Student(s) must be current 4th grader in the State of Connecticut.
- An ENTRY FORM must be sent in with each poster. If you are sending in multiple posters you may send in one ENTRY FORM per package/envelope. A maximum of 25 posters may be sent in by each school.
- No more than two students may work together on a poster.
- Paper size may be 8 ½ x 11 or 11 x 17 only (this will allow us to scan the winning posters and display them on our website).
- Colored paper is allowed, no three dimensional posters please.
- Marker, pen, pencil or crayons may be used to create the poster.
- Posters will not be returned so please make a copy prior to mailing them in.
- The following information must be included on the front upper right corner of the poster:
- Student’s Name
- School’s Name
- Congressional District in which your school is located (1-5).
- In the upper right corner of the poster please write: Student’s name, school name, and Congressional District.
- ENTRY FORM is complete and legible.
- Mailed on or before March 18, 2013.
- Mailing Address: Office of the Secretary of the State
210 Capitol Avenue, Room 104
Hartford, CT 06106
4TH GRADE POSTER CONTEST