News and Press
- 9/14/2018 Gov Malloy: Advanced Placement Test Scores Increase Nearly Four Percent
- 7/3/2018 Path Academy Voluntarily Surrenders Charter Before Conclusion of State Board of Education Revocation Process
- 6/21/2018 End Hunger CT! Blitz Kicks Off Summer Hunger Awareness Campaign
- 6/20/2018 CT Education Commissioner Wentzell Selected For National School Safety Steering Committee
- 6/12/2018 Red, White and Blue Schools Program Recognizes 17 Connecticut Schools
Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell
The Connecticut State Department of Education is the administrative arm of the Connecticut State Board of Education. Through leadership, curriculum, research, planning, evaluation, assessment, data analyses and other assistance, the Department helps to ensure equal opportunity and excellence in education for all Connecticut students. The Department is responsible for distributing funds to the state's 166 school districts. The Department also operates the Connecticut Technical High School System.