News and Press
- 11/9/2018 Governor Malloy Encourages Veterans to Apply for Troops to Teachers Program
- 10/30/2018 CSDE Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) Hosts Opening Day School Choice Info Fair For 2019-20 Applicants
- 10/10/2018 Hartford's Marisol Rodriguez Named Connecticut's 2019 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year
- 9/14/2018 Gov Malloy: Advanced Placement Test Scores Increase Nearly Four Percent
- 7/3/2018 Path Academy Voluntarily Surrenders Charter Before Conclusion of State Board of Education Revocation Process
Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell
The Connecticut State Department of Education is the administrative arm of the Connecticut State Board of Education. Through leadership, curriculum, research, planning, evaluation, assessment, data analyses and other assistance, the Department helps to ensure equal opportunity and excellence in education for all Connecticut students. The Department is responsible for distributing funds to the state's 166 school districts. The Department also operates the Connecticut Technical High School System.