Chief Data Officer
The Chief Data Officer (CDO) position was established in 2018 in accordance with Section 4-67p of the Connecticut General Statutes. The CDO is responsible for:
- directing executive branch agencies on the use and management of data to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of state programs and policies;
- facilitating the sharing and use of executive branch agency data (A) between executive branch agencies, and (B) with the public;
- coordinating data analytics and transparency master planning for executive branch agencies;
- creating the State Data Plan; and
- providing a procedure for each agency head to report regarding the agency's progress toward achieving the plan's goals.
In addition to each of the above responsibilities, the CDO takes a leading role in operating the state's Open Data Portal.
Chief Data Officer:
Office of Policy and Management
450 Capitol Ave
Hartford, CT 06106