Are school administrators from other states required to complete an assessment test?

Read time: 6 minutes


Assessment exemptions for out-of-state administrators

Administrators from another state may be exempt from taking an assessment test to become administrators in Connecticut’s public school system. To be exempt, you must:

  • Already hold a valid certificate equivalent to at least a Connecticut initial administrator certificate


  • Document 30 months of successful school administration experience in the past 10 years in a public or approved nonpublic school system

You may need to pass the Connecticut Administrator Test, which is available through ETS. If you need to take the test, we encourage you to prepare for the exam with ETS’ test preparation materials and practice test.


Administrators from Other States Administrators from Enhanced Reciprocity States