Does Connecticut accept out-of-state school administrator certificates?

Read time: 6 minutes

Enhanced reciprocity for school administrators 

The enhanced reciprocity program streamlines Connecticut’s certification process for fully licensed administrators from:

  • Delaware
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • Maryland
  • New Hampshire     
  • New Jersey
  • New York 
  • Pennsylvania
  • Puerto Rico
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont
  • Virginia
  • Washington, DC

This lets you apply for and obtain an initial certificate in the closest comparable endorsement area. Please note that we may require additional evaluation.   


Administrators from Enhanced Reciprocity States