OEMS - EMS Education and Training
Looking for an EMR, EMT, AEMT or Paramedic initial or refresher course?
Connecticut and the National Registery of EMT (NREMT)
The Commissioner of Public Health has directed this office to seek national level standardization of certification of EMS personnel. Currently, only EMT and paramedic personnel are required to take NREMT examinations, and no level of provider is required to maintain NREMT certification beyond initial certification. Legislation has been proposed to adopt the NREMT as the entry level examination for all levels of EMS provider, including EMR, EMT, AEMT and paramedic.
This proposed legislation will also change the recertification requirement from the current refresher-based system to the NREMT National Continued Competency Program (NCCP) that allows for continuing education. Information regarding the impact of the NREMT on various groups is listed below.
EMS Instructor Listserv
The OEMS office operates an official email Listserv for EMS Instructors. LIstserv info and to subscribe.
- Alternative pathway to EMR certification, updated guidance
- Updated requirements for T1 documentation
- Reminder regarding refresher exam rosters
- 12.30.2011 memo regarding changes in the EMS certification & education system
- Information regarding the EMSI Moratorium
Education & Training materials
Hemorrhage Control for the EMS Provider
- Hemorrhage Control for the EMS Provider training presentation
- Hemorrhage Control for the EMS Provider training presentation (with instructor notes)
- Hemmorhage Control summary of changes to training presentation
Aspirin Administration Scope of Practice Expansion
EMT 12-Lead ECG Acquisition & Transmission Scope of Practice Expansion
EMT Blood Glucose Monitoring
EMT CPAP Scope of Practice Expansion
- CPAP by EMTs - Scope of Practice Letter
- Required CPAP Educational Competencies
- Model CPAP Training Program
- CPAP Approved Clinical Guideline
BLS Naloxone Administration Scope of Practice Expansion
Spinal Motion Restriction Scope of Practice Expansion
Tourniquet use by EMRs Scope of Practice Expansion
Please Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed in order to view and print the Portable Document Format (pdf) files.